Make 'em or not?


New Year's Resolutions. 

We've all made them. 
Diet. Start exercising. Eat more healthy. Spend more time with the family. Work less. Work more. Read my Bible more. Start saving. Pay off some debt. 
The list could go on indefinitely. 

I'm not sure at what point I started asking myself "why?" 
If there's something in my life that needs to change, why wait until the New Year? 
Why not now?

Nobody is guaranteed another sunrise. 
Or even another hour. 
Why wait to make changes in your life? 
Start today!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Fiction Faith & Foodies: Make 'em or not?

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Make 'em or not?


New Year's Resolutions. 

We've all made them. 
Diet. Start exercising. Eat more healthy. Spend more time with the family. Work less. Work more. Read my Bible more. Start saving. Pay off some debt. 
The list could go on indefinitely. 

I'm not sure at what point I started asking myself "why?" 
If there's something in my life that needs to change, why wait until the New Year? 
Why not now?

Nobody is guaranteed another sunrise. 
Or even another hour. 
Why wait to make changes in your life? 
Start today!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At December 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM , Blogger Clare Revell said...

As we say in my house - Resolutions are made to be broken. ;-) So I don't bother.

 
At December 30, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

I'm with you, Clare! Just do it, right?

BTW, started AFTER THE FIRE last night. Loving it!

 
At December 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Sandra Ardoin said...

Great point, Dora. The only thing I'm waiting for right now is for all the Christmas "goodies" to be gone before I try to lose those pounds. :-)

Have a wonderful New Year!

 
At December 30, 2011 at 9:17 AM , Blogger JoanneR said...

You are definitely right about that sentiment. I have learned that once I have made my mind up about a resolution, I start right away. Happy New Year!

 
At December 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nobody is guaranteed another sunrise.
Or even another hour." Such a great reminder to be the best we can be NOW!

All the best in the new year, Dora. Happy writing!

 
At December 30, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Hey Sandy. We wrap up all the "goodies" and send them back with both sons. Still in their 20's, they appreciate calories. haha

Hi Joanne. Nice to meet you! I hope you'll stop back by soon. ;-)

Hey Anne. Why wait, right? Thank you! Back to you as well.

Wishing all you ladies a joyous, relaxing New Year's weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home