Just Call Me QUIRKY...


As in... 














Image courtesy of Bing.com

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14 NIV

Well, that settles it. God is the Master Designer.
And He made me...
Quirky


What about you? 
Do you ever try to be different than God intended? How does that work out for you?
Do you see yourself here? In one word, how would you describe yourself?


post signature



Labels: , , , , , ,

Fiction Faith & Foodies: Just Call Me QUIRKY...

Friday, November 15, 2013

Just Call Me QUIRKY...


As in... 


  • On those rare occasions when I visit the mall, I walk on the right side because walking on the left feels like swimming upstream. 


  • I open and lock the door leading to the garage at least twice every night before going to bed. Please tell me I'm not the only one here that does this, right?


  • I drink my coffee before and after breakfast, not during, and I like it burning hot. 


  • I keep hard copies of my calendar and Christmas lists for years. Not that I ever go back and look at them... 

  • I prefer to eat out for lunch, rather than dinner. 

  • Anybody else always shower and dress before leaving your bedroom in the morning? What's the point of having a robe? 

  • OK. Admit it. Do you always park in the same general area when you shop at the grocery or department store?

  • If something's out of place in our house, it will bug me until I fix it. Or until hubby does.

  • My cool threshold is rather high. We have three windows in our bedroom, and when autumn finally rolls around, the windows stay cracked open until the temperature drops below 30 degrees. Hubby has learned to dress for bed in layers.

  • I eat the same thing for breakfast until I tire of it. Then I switch to something else.
Image courtesy of Bing.com

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14 NIV

Well, that settles it. God is the Master Designer.
And He made me...
Quirky


What about you? 
Do you ever try to be different than God intended? How does that work out for you?
Do you see yourself here? In one word, how would you describe yourself?


post signature



Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At November 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Joanne Sher said...

I am TOTALLY with you on the breakfast and parking thing. I actually have a favorite spot at Meijer, and if I start my shopping early enough, I will always take it. At the mall, it's just a general area - but yeah, I TOTALLY get you LOL.

If I had to pick a word to describe me, I'd probably choose "enthusiastic." Probably.

Thanks for the post! Fun stuff :)

 
At November 15, 2013 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Probably? Definitely! I think "enthusiastic" is a great word for you. Just look at that beautiful smile on your avatar. :)

 
At November 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Barbara Lynn Culler said...

I can identify with some of your quirks! I also open and check the door to garage to make sure the garage is closed and the car lights are off! One of my quirks is when I eat, I eat one food at a time, rather that a bit of this and a bit of that. Don't know why I eat this way- think I always have, though my mom doesn't recall that!

 
At November 15, 2013 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

One food at a time? That works. We'll call you QUIRKY too, Barbara.. :)

 
At November 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM , Blogger Karla Akins said...

I have a dozen quirks but the most troubling is that I talk to myself. A lot. Everywhere. I caught myself doing it at Wal-mart the other day and I told myself to stop it or someone was going to think I was schizophrenic. But did I? No, kept right on conversing. What can I say? I enjoy my own company!

 
At November 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

lol. I'd enjoy your company, too, Karla. Keep on talking! :)

 
At November 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Love this post! My daughters could write pages about my quirkiness. Lol! God made us that way on purpose - people turn their heads at "quirky" and it's just another way for God to get their attention and work through us! Lol! Great post!

 
At November 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Sandra Ardoin said...

Sometimes, I like swimming upstream.

Don't get me started about what it takes to leave the house. Daughter says I'm responsible for her OCD.

I'd rather go out for dinner than lunch.

A crooked picture drives me nuts.

I can go with the parking and the breakfast, but not the open windows. :)

 
At November 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

Thank you, Linda. Exactly right. Wishing you a Son-kissed weekend, full of quirky fun. :)

 
At November 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Dora Hiers said...

How about coffee? Seems like its been forever.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home